Monday, June 24, 2013

20 weeks! Halfway there

Gummy Bear: 20 weeks 

Baby is: Baby is the size of a banana. 6 to 6.3 inches crown to rump. Baby weight approx 10 oz at our last ultrasound. 

Symptoms: Sensitive gums. They bleed every time I brush my teeth. I'm also easily fatigued. Other than that,   and the fact that my clothes don't fit right- I'd really never know. The ultrasound tech confirmed that I have an anterior placenta. Right now, the placenta is bigger than the baby. Until baby gets bigger, I won't be able to feel any movement. 

Cravings: Nothing really. Saturday I barely ate anything. Sunday however, I ate 3 whole grain blueberry eggos for breakfast, a chicken sandwich and hashbrowns from Waffle House for lunch and steak, beef rice, salad and asparagus for dinner. And I ate all of it. That's the first time I've cleaned my dinner plate in a long time. And I finished steak! Yay protein. 

Aversions: Food in general, haha. Eggs. Meat by itself. Pork, unless in bacon form, is totally out of the question. Chicken is a close second. I do better when meat is mixed into my food, or in ground form, like sausage or hamburgers. (Maybe this is finally passing though?!)

Drinking: Water and V8 V fusion (baby needs fruits and veggies), the occasional Sprite or ICEE

Clothes: Maternity pants and dresses. I'm all about comfort.

Gender: It's a girl! Are you surprised? I was! I knew she was wrong when she told me because it was a boy, but there I was, looking at the screen, and knowing there was no way I was looking at a boy. Now that I know it's a girl, it's full steam ahead on the nursery! 

What I miss: My brain. Sleeping any way I want to. Not having to be so careful about everything I eat.

What I’m looking forward to: Finishing the nursery! We ripped up the carpet last night so I'm already looking forward to having flooring again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment