Friday, August 16, 2013

Gummy Bear: Week 28

Gummy Bear: 28 weeks

Baby is: measuring 1 lb, 14 oz, putting her in the 36th percentile, as of last Tuesday. My pregnancy app says she's the size of iceberg lettuce and approximately 14.8 inches long

Cravings: Nothing really. Still prefer soft foods to anything that requires a lot of chewing though

Aversions: Meat by itself. Eggs.

Drinking: Water and Decaf Frappuccinos

Clothes: Comfy!

Gender: It's a girl! Full steam ahead on the hairbows, headbands and ruffly bloomers!

What I miss: My brain. My energy!

What I’m looking forward to: Wrapping up the last trimester!

Went to the doctor last week. They took a few pictures and said she is head down. Everything is on track. I'm healthy, baby's healthy. Blood pressure is good. AND, I passed my glucose test. This felt like such a huge accomplishment. I've been trying to be careful about what I eat. Making sure to get in some fruits and veggies. Staying away from sweets. Not 100% of the time, but mostly. I feel like pretty much everyone fails that first glucose test and has to take the 3 hour. I've been so carb conscious, even when that's all I wanted to eat. Plus my doctor...the fat people need c-sections doctor...I feel like she just wants something to be wrong. Like she's just waiting to say "I told you so". I may projecting, but that's how I feel. But after the ultrasound when we saw that the baby is smaller, she was like, I don't think you really have anything to worry about. You've been watching what you eat and the baby's size is good. I think you're fine. And then for the test results to come back and say everything is fine, on top of having a smaller baby...man that felt good. That felt like victory. And for the first time I think I started to unclench and think "I may just get my way". That test felt so huge to me. Like it was the last obstacle standing between me and having a natural birth at the birth center with the midwife. I know it's not. I still have to be good, drink my water, take my vitamins, all that jazz. And anything could happen at any time. But it feels like a big "I told you so" to everyone who didn't think I could do this because of my weight. Once again- fat does not mean unhealthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment